- Paul A. Cooney | David J. Madigan
- 5 Hours 59 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Feb 17, 2020
A better understanding of your ethical and legal obligations can not only help you provide more effective treatment to your clients but can help you avoid costly mistakes. This program will provide you with the necessary tools to avoid a wide range of ethical and legal pitfalls.
If you watch only one recording this year, make it this one. Join attorneys Paul Cooney and David Madigan for this entertaining and enlightening program and leave with a greater understanding of the latest Oregon law as it relates to mental health. You will take home practical strategies to minimize and manage legal and ethical risks, and you will learn how to immediately implement these risk-reducing strategies into your practice.
Professional Ethics and Boundary Issues
- Informed Consent Issues
- Ethics & Board Complaints
Legal Liabilities of the Professional
- Current Litigation Trends & Liability for Lost Data
- Clients Who Threaten You or Your Staff
- Business Issues for the Private Practitioner
- Business Issues for the Rural Practitioner
- Duty to Warn
- Suicidal Patients – Treatment and Documentation
- Abuse Reporting – Child/Elder/Developmentally Disabled
Balance the Rights of Minors & Parents
- Minors Rights
- Age of Majority
- Access to Records
- Rights of Minors to Refuse/Consent to Medication and Treatment
- Parental Rights
- Custodial and Divorce Factors
- Child Abuse Allegations
- Custodial vs. Non-Custodial Parent’s Rights to Records
Confidentiality of Mental Health Records
- When and to Whom Records Can Be Released
- Mandatory Disclosure Requirements
- Alcohol/Drug and AIDS/HIV Treatment Records
- Necessary Documentation
Compliance with HIPAA and State Confidentiality Laws
- What Protections are Necessary to Insure Compliance?
- What are the Potential Liability Issues for Breaches of Confidentiality?
- What are the “Best Practices” for Health Care Providers to Insure Compliance/
- Practicing in the Digital Age
Responding to Subpoenas, Court Orders and Law Enforcement
- Types of Subpoenas
- Duty to Respond
- Time Limits
- Court Orders
Litigation Issues & Board Complaints
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Documentation Issues
- What Can Be Done in Advance to Better Protect the Provider and the Clients
Ethics of Electronic Communication
- Email and Texting
- Tele-Mental Health
Paul A. Cooney, J.D., is a healthcare attorney who has been in practice for 22 years. Mr. Cooney is managing partner at Cooney, Cooney and Madigan, LLC where he specializes in healthcare litigation and represents a wide variety of healthcare professionals in all aspects of their practice. Mr. Cooney is general counsel for the Oregon Psychological Association. He represents mental health professionals in malpractice cases, licensing and discipline matters, as well as general business matters. He is licensed to practice in both Oregon and Washington and is a frequent speaker on legal issues and risk management.
Financial: Paul Cooney is managing partner at Cooney, Cooney and Madigan LLC. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Paul Cooney has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Attorney at Law
Cooney, Cooney and Madigan LLC
David J. Madigan, J.D., is a partner at Cooney, Cooney and Madigan, LLC. Dave has been in practice for 13 years and is licensed in both Oregon and Washington. As a healthcare attorney, Dave’s practice focuses on defending board complaints and advising healthcare practices on federal regulations, including Medicare, HIPAA, and Stark regulations, as well as setting up group practices. In the Cooney, Cooney and Madigan office, Dave is known as the subpoena guru.
Financial: David J. Madigan is partner at Cooney, Cooney and Madigan LLC. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: David J. Madigan has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Course Requirement: Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon
Real Value: $219.99
One time cost: USD 59.99
Check more original content of Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon
Frequently Asked Questions For “Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon”
How to make payment for “Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon” ?
- Please add to cart on this page and go to checkout page. You can also add as many other products as you like and make a one-time payment.
- We accept several type of Stripe payments such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, Google Pay, Apple Pay and JCB, payments from customers worldwide. Paypal & Bitcoin please contact us.
- We strongly recommend our customers to make a payment through Stripe & Paypal . Because it is a safest and super security for you as well as for us.
Is it safe?
- Encryption of sensitive data and communication.
- All card numbers are encrypted at rest with AES-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate hosting environment, and doesn’t share or save any info.
How can we deliver you the course?
How long do I have access to the course?
How to download “Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon” ?
- Enjoy “Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon” in your account page.
- Download only one file at a time. Sometimes doing all of the files at once will lead to them all freezing.
- Also, please do not attempt to download to a mobile device. These should be saved to a computer and then synced to devices such as phones and tablets.
- You can also learn online instead of downloading, but we encourage you to download for better results and viewing quality during your learn. Lastly, download times are much quicker in the mornings, before noon, Pacific time. during download make sure your device is not sleeping off screen.
What is the refund policy “Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon”?
- We’ll Bear The Risk, You’ll Take The Results…
- Within 30 days of purchased | |, if you don’t get anything out of the program, or if your order has any problem, or maybe for some reason, you just don’t like the way it is. Please contact us and we will do our best to assist. Thank you for your understanding.
Have More Questions?
Our support staff is the best by far! please do not hesitate to contact us at email: [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!
You want to get “Paul A. Cooney, David J. Madigan – Legal & Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Oregon” now right?!!!
YES! I’M READY TO ADD TO CART BUTTON ON THIS PAGE NOW !