- Sherrie All
- 6 Hours 20 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 28, 2019
The treatment landscape for dementia and brain related cognitive interventions is rapidly changing, making it difficult to stay abreast of treatments that work and those that have been over-hyped. With the popular understanding of brain plasticity increasing while concussion-related conditions are gaining a wealth of media focus, patients are looking to you to help them separate fact from fiction about brain health and rehabilitation.
Using the latest science, Dr. All will teach you practical interventions to best help your clients build and maintain cognitive skills and functional independence. You will leave this recording with a comprehensive toolbox of evidence-based cognitive rehabilitation interventions and the skills you need to match them to the cognitive domains for which they are most effective.
Drawing on over 15 years of clinical experience, Dr. All will teach you techniques and interventions to effectively:
- Assess for cognitive decline and accurately interpret complicated assessment reports
- Determine when to refer out to a specialist for more detailed assessment
- Put the recommendations of a neuropsychological report into action
- Create actionable treatment plans to immediately start helping your clients
- Expand working memory and enhance attention, generalizing to real-world functioning
- Improve memory encoding, consolidation, and retrieval to improve client independence
- Expand executive functions including planning and problem solving to promote flexible thinking
- Improve visuospatial function and language to enhance client independence and social functioning
Walk away with practical and useful techniques that can be implemented immediately within your practice. Start feeling confident in delivering the rehabilitation interventions your clients facing cognitive decline so desperately need!
THE FRAMEWORK AND SCIENCE OF COGNITIVE REHABILITATION: NOT ALL BRAIN GAMES ARE REHABILITATION
- Brain plasticity and the latest research
- Associated brain regions and functions
- Compensatory vs. restorative strategies
- Cognitive stimulation, cognitive training and cognitive rehabilitation
ASSESSMENT APPROACHES FOR COGNITIVE DECLINE
- What the MOCA and SLUMS are telling you and not telling you
- When to refer for a full neuropsychological assessment
- Make the most of assessment results including neuropsychology reports
- Static (TBI / stroke) vs. progressive decline (Alzheimer’s disease): Set and maintain realistic treatment goals
- Taking care to not “over-pathologize” concussions: Know the difference between concussion, TBI, CTE and dementia
- The use of mood and personality measures
INTERVENTION APPROACHES FOR BARRIERS TO REHABILITATION: MOOD, MOTIVATION & ANXIETY
- Motivational interviewing to cultivate engagement and brain health interventions
- Treat anxiety and false beliefs to improve cognition
- Adjustment to illness and grief: Counseling the brain impaired patient
THE COGNITIVE DECLINE TOOLBOX: REAL WORLD TREATMENT STRATEGIES FOR EACH COGNITIVE DOMAIN
ATTENTION & WORKING MEMORY
- The neural bases of attention impairment
- Help clients understand working memory capacity as a means of improving metacognition
- Improve attention and reduce errors by following the DIRECT model and using PEAS & LEAP
- “Focused drilling” to expand working memory capacity and generalizing to other outcomes
- Mindfulness training to help clients shape attention and improve focus
MEMORY: PROSPECTIVE, ENCODING & RECALL
- The neural bases of memory impairment
- Frontiers in Alzheimer’s disease management
- Tailor memory training interventions to level of severity & motivation
- Effective use of calendars and other external memory aids for effective daily functioning
- Elaborative encoding techniques using visualization, linking and chunking
- Memory aids in traditional psychotherapy treatments
- Strategies for effective recall of learned information
- The neural bases of executive function impairment
- Stroke and cerebrovascular disease
- Improve planning for greater goal attainment with the use of a reverse timeline worksheet
- Expand flexible thinking with 6-step problem solving
- The neural basis of stress management and emotion regulation
VISUOSPATIAL & LANGUAGE
- The neural bases of visual and language impairment
- Useful Field of View Training (UFOV) for driving independence
- The “language wallet” for independence among people with aphasia
- Supported conversation and script training for aphasia
HOLISTIC BRAIN HEALTH INTERVENTIONS
- Shape the brain’s destiny: Cognitive reserve to build resistance and resilience to cognitive decline
- The impact of socialization on brain health and recovery
- Psychotherapy’s impact on brain health
- Effective cognitive stimulation: The truth about brain games & crosswords
- Teach clients how their brain works through metacognition intervention
RESEARCH, LIMITATIONS AND RISKS
Sherrie All, Ph.D. Related seminars and products: 5
Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness
Sherrie All, PhD., is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist specializing in neuropsychology, cognitive rehabilitation and brain health. She owns and directs the Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness (CCCW), a group neuropsychology practice offering assessment and treatment services in cognitive rehabilitation and psychotherapy to people affected by cognitive decline. As a leader in the field of brain health, Dr. All works to educate the public on brain-healthy behaviors and innovating brain health coaching. Her work in this area earned her the 2010 Sharpbrains Innovation Award for Most Innovative Mental Health Program as well as the attention of media outlets such as The New Yorker and Crain’s Chicago Business.
Dr. All trains other professionals in how to implement cognitive rehabilitation interventions into their practice, through continuing education programs, supervision and individual consultations. She shares her detailed understanding of the brain and brain-behavior relationships in an engaging and relatable way. Dr. All’s forthcoming book and current keynote address, “Brain Destiny: Everyday Choices to Lower Your Risk for Dementia and Change Your Life”, offers an entertaining way of promoting a popular understanding of the scientific theory of cognitive reserve to empower people to effectively care for their brains. She has been an invited speaker by the Lifetime Education and Renewal Network (LEARN) of the American Society on Aging (ASA) and speaks regularly on the topics of brain health, cognitive rehabilitation and interventions for early-stage dementia. Dr. All’s research includes examination of functional MRI (fMRI) and electrophysiological (EEG) biomarkers of cognitive deficits.
Financial: Sherrie All is the owner of the Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sherrie All has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Here’s What You’ll Get in Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines: Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity
Course Requirement: Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines: Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity
Real Value: $219
One time cost: USD 52
Check more original content of Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines – Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity
Frequently Asked Questions For “Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines – Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity”
How to make payment for “Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines – Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity” ?
- Please add to cart on this page and go to checkout page. You can also add as many other products as you like and make a one-time payment.
- We accept several type of Stripe payments such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, Google Pay, Apple Pay and JCB, payments from customers worldwide. Paypal & Bitcoin please contact us.
- We strongly recommend our customers to make a payment through Stripe & Paypal . Because it is a safest and super security for you as well as for us.
Is it safe?
- Encryption of sensitive data and communication.
- All card numbers are encrypted at rest with AES-256 and transmitting card numbers runs in a separate hosting environment, and doesn’t share or save any info.
How can we deliver you the course?
How long do I have access to the course?
How to download “Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines – Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity” ?
What is the refund policy “Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines – Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity”?
- We’ll Bear The Risk, You’ll Take The Results…
- Within 30 days of purchased | |, if you don’t get anything out of the program, or if your order has any problem, or maybe for some reason, you just don’t like the way it is. Please contact us and we will do our best to assist. Thank you for your understanding.
Have More Questions?
Our support staff is the best by far! please do not hesitate to contact us at email: [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!
You want to get “Sherrie All – Clinical Action for Dementia, TBI, Concussion, Stroke and Other Cognitive Declines – Assessment and Treatment Techniques for Cognitive Rehabilitation and Neuroplasticity” now right?!!!
YES! I’M READY TO ADD TO CART BUTTON ON THIS PAGE NOW !